"In my Father's house, there are many dwelling places." John 14:2
I felt like it was about time to start going to church again. I had been away for almost a year, and things were weighing down on me. I stopped going last year after I started having doubts as to whether I should stay involved in a ministry. It was not my will that prompted me to attend church services, however. It was the Spirit calling me back into the house of my God, my Strength, my Redeemer and my Lord. The Lord was softly knocking on the door to my heart, and I answered. Anyone that knows me can tell you that I grew up as a Catholic and I still am, mostly. When I was living in the UK a few years ago (a decade, now that I remember <shock>), I attended Evensong services at the local Anglican church (Saint John's; Bridge St, Derby) as a way of centering myself after a long day. I would attend Mass on Sunday at the local Catholic church, but the Anglican parish was more welcoming and warmer (in more than one sense). Anyhow, I went to the 10 o'clock service at Saint Thomas on Sunday and felt at home almost right away. There was a banner in the vestibule that said "welcome home", and this was echoed by the congregation members that I met and Reverend Garrity. It had been awhile since I used the Book of Common Prayer and a separate Hymnal, so that took a wee bit of getting the hang of, but I think that will get easier with practice (and some Post-it notes). I think that I might have found a new community, but we'll see I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment