Friends,
It has come to my attention that a status update that I posted yesterday (or Friday, depending on when you view this) caused some confusion. i believe that i owe some of you a clarification and a heartfelt apology. The status update was "I can't believe that I'm getting married in two weeks." This is simply not true. I am not getting married, at least not any time soon. I am not engaged to anyone. I'm not even dating anyone currently (though I do hope to change that). I posted that status update as per the rules of a prank that's been going around Facebook recently. I had read the status update of a friend, and commented on it. The rules stipulated if you "like" or comment on a given status update, then you are obliged to post an outlandish statement on your own Facebook page. There were a dozen or so prank updates to choose from. I chose the "I'm getting married" one because it seemed plausible. In hindsight, I should have gone with the "I'm moving to Canada" choice (I have thought about it in the past. Nova Scotia seemed a logical choice). It seems as though my playing by the rules of the game caused confusion. That was not my intention. My brother had the first inkling that what I posted was a prank, so I owe him my thanks. I offer my sincerest apologies to any of you that were confused about that false Facebook status update. I humbly ask your forgiveness.
Sincerely and Respectfully,
Tim Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment