02 April, 2013
Not feeling it lately
Sometimes, faith is like a roaring bonfire. Other times, it's more like a candle. Lately, I feel like my faith life had become like the candle. At one point, the Holy Spirit had set me on fire with His love. My prayer life is almost non-existent, and I'm backsliding into my old vices. I'm not sure when this dry spell hit or why, I just feel like I'm going through the motions at church on Sundays. It feels like I'm talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Frankly, it makes me feel like a huge hypocrite, a Pharisee, a charlatan, a phony, a fraud. I need to get back into a better prayer life and letting the Holy Spirit be my guide. The thing is, would I recognize what He's telling me? If anyone has any ideas on how to get that fire back, please let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be an atheist! Freedom is healthy :)
ReplyDelete