22 October, 2011
LifeTeen
Not long ago, I felt the need to get involved in some kind of ministry, to follow in the footsteps of St. Francis. So, for the past year, I've involved with the LifeTeen ministry at my local parish. Ministering to and serving these teens has been an immense honor and they are my joy. I didn't go to school for this and I haven't received any advanced theology training, but I'm a minister just the same. God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. LifeTeen is certainly something special. For those of us old enough to remember Catholic Youth Organization, LifeTeen is kind of like that. We gather together as a community every Sunday and kick the evening off with a Mass. After Mass, we have a meal together. Most nights, we have a Catechism night, other nights we have a talk about issues facing Christian youth today. Some think it's like CYO, but it's something much better. I kinda wish we had something like LifeTeen when I was in high school. The kids that come to LifeTeen every week come because they WANT to. They are faith-filled, faithful and it is encouraging to see teens on fire for the Lord as true disciples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment