22 April, 2011

Your grace is enough

So, I had my iPod with me on my commute this morning and I switch playlists to "Empty and Beautiful" by Matt Maher. What an album! The first cut is "Your Grace is Enough" and man, it's a catchy tune. So, I'm listening and dancing a little when I realize something...the grace of God IS enough for me. There's a prayer written by the founder of the Jesuit order, St. Ignatius of Loyola that fits right in with this thought. In the prayer, Ignatius asks for the love and grace of Christ- and, with these, he is rich enough and would ask for nothing more. And that is so fitting for a life with Christ. If we have His amazing love and endless grace, then we are rich enough indeed. We can get so caught up in what the world says will make us happy that we forget who is the only source of true joy- Jesus Christ. Grace is enough, everything else that is good in our lives is a bonus. The Grace given to us by the Father is something we cannot earn, but is a gift that He bestows on us because He loves us. 

1 Timothy 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment